Over three hour-long sessions this fall with Technovation, you’ll become an expert in leading engineering design challenges online that help students develop engineering mindsets: 1) use the engineering design process; 2) envision multiple solutions; 3) evaluate and iterate; 4) persist and learn from failure; and 5) work in teams.
Get ready for hands-on building during each session. You’ll be part of a supportive learning community. If you are looking for a way to step up your STEAM game in a fun and active way with your kids, this is for you. Help them think like engineers to build solutions to any sort of problem! These three sessions are for program staff (directors, STEM specialists, and facilitators) working with kids in 4th–8th grades.
Experts: Technovation Program Staff
- You’ll reflect on your first attempts at leading design challenges online and come away with confidence and fresh perspectives to continue
- You’ll get familiar with the Engineering Design Process and iterating
- You’ll consider ways to build community throughout
- All while building a self deploying device in a design challenge you can use with your students.
Bring these materials to the session with you:
- Small container or small boxes
- Long rubber bands
- Dowels or skewers
- Hole puncher (or knife)
Audience: For program staff (directors, STEM specialists, and facilitators) in your state