Over three hour-long sessions this fall with Technovation, you’ll become an expert in leading engineering design challenges online that help students develop engineering mindsets: 1) use the engineering design process; 2) envision multiple solutions; 3) evaluate and iterate; 4) persist and learn from failure; and 5) work in teams.
Get ready for hands-on building during each session. You’ll be part of a supportive learning community. If you are looking for a way to step up your STEAM game in a fun and active way with your kids, this is for you. Help them think like engineers to build solutions to any sort of problem! These three sessions are for program staff (directors, STEM specialists, and facilitators) working with kids in 4th–8th grades.
Thursday October 29, 12:00-1:00 pm PST/3:00-4:00 EST
Experts: Technovation Program Staff
- You’ll start (or continue!) to get comfortable supporting your kids learning STEAM online
- You’ll learn about engineering design challenges
- You’ll get comfortable navigating Technovation’s free resources
- All while attempting to balance a dinosaur in a fun engineering design challenge you can try out then use with your students.
Bring these materials to the session with you:
- Pipe cleaners
- Paper clips
- Tape (masking tape is usually best)
- Pennies or small weights
- Popsicle sticks
- Optional: toilet paper tubes and ping pong balls
Audience: For program staff (directors, STEM specialists, and facilitators) in your state