Due Friday, June 10, 2022
Are you looking to meaningfully engage K-8 families in STEM this summer and fall?
The Institute for the Study of Resilience in Youth (ISRY) at McLean Hospital and Harvard Medical School, in partnership with STEM Next, wants to learn more about how to support programs that are taking ideas from the STEM Family Engagement Planning Tool and putting them into action to increase equitable family engagement in STEM during the summer and fall of 2022.
Eligible programs will receive $1,500, consultation support, and professional development in summer and fall 2022.
Criteria for Participation
We are looking for programs that:
- Prioritize family engagement in STEM (inside and outside of the program, including at home and in the community);
- Offer STEM activities for youth at least one hour a week for three or more weeks in fall 2022;
- Anticipate involving at least 15 youth (between grades K to 8) in STEM activities;
- Enroll all genders, or just girls and non-binary youth;
- Include youth from populations underrepresented in STEM;
- Have two staff members willing to commit to the following project activities:
- Complete readings and attend two 90-min virtual trainings in summer of 2022;
- plan and implement a family engagement project in the fall of 2022; and
- complete a planning workbook, brief surveys, and one 60-min virtual interview with ISRY in the fall of 2022.
Benefits to Participating Programs
Eligible programs will receive:
- Stipend of $1,500,
- Consultation support, and
- Professional development in summer and fall 2022.
Deadline to Submit Interest Form – Friday, June 10, 2022
Complete the interest form here.
Find the STEM Family Engagement Planning Tool here.